“We strive to continuously raise the standards of the professional pet care service and retail industry. We care for our pet guests the way we would like our own pets cared for, and we are super picky pet parents!”
After losing all three of our Greyhounds to cancer, we became committed to find better ways to maintain our pets’ health. We sold Tail End to a National Pet Resort Chain and moved to Mount Dora, FL. In July of 2010, The Green K9 opened in a tiny shop on Main Street in Tavares, FL with a mission to help pet owners find the healthiest products for their pets and the environment, and provide a safe, clean and fun day care facility for dogs to exercise and socialize. The Green K9 grew to 26 day care dogs a day, so it was time to expand. In July 2012 The Green K9 moved to its new 7,200 sq. ft. location in Mount Dora, where boarding and grooming services were added.
Paul Lewis is an Army War Veteran. After college he mastered hydraulics then worked seven years in customer service for the U.S. Postal Service. And is now the sole owner of The Green K9 Mt. Dora
Saving our planet one paw print at a time
To reduce our impact and honor mother earth, we have embraced the following initiatives:
- Our retail displays are made from 80% recycled, re-claimed and sustainable materials.
- We supply only biodegradable corn starch shopping bags and we offer reusable shopping bags.
- We recycle all of our glass, aluminum cans, plastic and paper.
- Many of our retail products are sustainable, biodegradable, recycled or recyclable.
- Earth and pet friendly products are utilized to clean and disinfect wherever possible.
Our Nissan Leaf is all electric with zero emissions.